Thursday 23 June 2011

Thing 1: Blogs and Blogging

This is it – my first ever blog post!!

I’ve decided to participate in CPD23 as it seemed like a great opportunity to try out blogging and explore some web 2.0 technologies that I’m not yet familiar with, as well as to develop my reflective writing skills.  I heard about the programme through a group on LinkedIn and was already committed to participating, but hearing the conference presentation about it at the New Professionals Conference really sealed it for me. 

To give you some background, I will graduate with a Master's degree in ILS this July and am entering the profession from a predominately administrative background, which involved many aspects of information management.  I’m currently searching for my first professional post and am hoping that participating in CPD23 will keep me motivated and develop my skills.

1 comment:

  1. I'm also looking for professional library work, but in the US. It will be interesting to see if through CPD 23 we learn about how job searching compares in the UK and the US. I look forward to following you through this program.

    -Nethwen
    http://learninglibrarian.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete