Monday 27 June 2011

Thing 2: Investigate other blogs

Ok, I have to confess to being a bit of a lurker in that I do passively read some blogs, but I have never before commented on any.  Following the CILIP Graduate Open Day in 2009,  I periodically read Joeyanne Libraryanne, as she always has interesting and knowledgeable insights on library matters, especially web 2.0.  I also occasionally look at the blogs in CILIP Communities, which has some useful articles and also publicises events.

However, since embarking on CPD23, I have been dipping into various blogs, and am amazed and impressed at the number of participants (the Delicious list is currently standing at over 600) from all across the globe.  As I’m at the beginning of my library career, I thought I’d take a look at the blogs of some people across several different industries.  Two that I left comments on were: angellibrarian, written by a school librarian in Bangkok, and Library Space, a blog belonging to a health librarian.

I also had a look at CPD23 as it was tagged under ‘institutional repositories’, which was the subject of my Master's dissertation.  Finally, I am very interested in the experiences of librarians based in other countries so was drawn to the blogs of some of the international participants, such as itools, by a librarian from Sudan, and papers and sandpaper from Latvia.

It was also great to receive my first comment, from which I found the blog of The Learning Librarian, who is also searching for a professional post.

I will be looking at more blogs as the programme progresses and am looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Many thanks for commenting on my poor start as a blogger - I admit to being like you - dipping into other peoples blogs - but not wanting to join in.

    Very good luck with your job hunt-hopefully doing the "23" will be of benefit.

    ReplyDelete